Sunday, September 16, 2012

Is This Really Me??

I can't believe it!  I just looked back at my blog entries and I've been at this Couch to 5K program for two months!!  I think that's about the longest I've ever really stuck with anything.  At least anything that is good for me!  Hubby says he can tell a difference in me.  I can't really to look at myself, but I can actually jog 3 minutes at a time now!!  When you consider when I started this I couldn't even make a minute, that's pretty darn good!  And I'm going faster too!  Of course I've been really rotten with keeping up with my blog, but one challenge at a time.  Besides, no one is reading it so it's not like anyone is missing anything.

I went to the doctor abot two weks ago and she put me on Januvia in addition to Metformin for my blood sugar.  So my goal now is to get off of that stuff!  It's $18 a month so it's my most expensive prescription and not just that but it's something that should be under my control!  So hopefully the running is going to help.  Now if I could just quit the soda cravings!  Ugh. 

Why is it every time I do something good I counteract it with something bad?  When I was on WW I was very good about what I ate, but never exercised.  Now I'm exercising and drinking one  sugar filled soda per day on top of Dabetes 2.  I really need to get my act together.

But I will keep "running" and try to conquer the little things as they challenge me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment