Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 2 of One Day at a Time

Today will be a short entry because there wasn't alot happened.  My plan to run with Michael last night was a bust because we had a slight monsoon.  But I was good about watching what I ate and my fasting blood sugar was 20 points lower than normal this morning!  Today was stinking H-O-T, but we did get out and walk over to a little fair that our Borough has and watched the high school jazz band for as long as we could until the heat over took us.  I had kind of a non-scale victory today.  We went to Denny's for lunch and I ordered a wrap with bacon, egg and avocado.  I actually ended up taking the filling out of the tortilla and just eating that and leaving the tortilla!  I'm beginning to get a taste for eggs.  Maybe I will eventually learn to think of eggs as my go-to breakfast food instead of muffins and sticky buns.  That will take correcting years of practice but it's a start.  Breakfast is very hard for me.  I grew up on pop-tarts and donuts.  Yes, my probems go waaaaay back.

I saw in our Borough newsletter that they are doing a walk-in Zumba Gold class on Thursday mornings.  It's for active older adults and "unconditioned" beginners.  Heck, they could've put my name in there!!  I'm kind of excited to try it.  Especially since it's been so darn hot out to walk very far or fast.  We're supposed to get a break in the weather in a few days though.

I have to admit I did have a s'more tonight.  I just couldn't deny myself.  Story of my life.  But in my defense, when I needed a snack earlier today I had a white peach.  It was delish!!  Tonight will be a challenge for me.  My usual habit is to eat gummi bears while I watch WWE.  That is a habit I need to break - badly!  So there are no gummi bears or chips in the house and I will most likely have a large glass of ice water sitting close by and try not to think about it.  Like I said it's just one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment